tiistai 13. helmikuuta 2007

You are beautiful at all times

I am delighted to report that I am in possession of a ticket to the Lifi Álafoss!-concert next Sunday. In the words of Ian Holloway, I couldn't be more chuffed if I was a badger at the start of the mating season!

The other reason for an unbelievably happy morning is how much more pleasant dreams I've been having while sleeping in here. With the word dream I've usually ment daydreams in here, but now I'm getting a plenty of them at nights as well. Back home in Finland I used to only remember drunken nightmares, so this is one more rather welcome change in my life.

Last night I dreamed of a girl I used to have a bit of a crush on at secondary school, but haven't seen, or actually thought really, since graduating from Finnish equivalent of high school in... Three years now. It's fascinating how your subconscious occasionally reminds you of such things from the past.

For the first half of secondary school she used to seem a bit depressed and introverted, hiding behind really long hair and anonymous clothing, speaking even less and in quieter voice than I did at the time. I always thought that she was interesting, but knowing how bad at getting to know ladies I still am, it's no wonder that I never really got to know her.

But just in one day she changed. She cut most of her hair, wore different, lighter clothes with brighter colors and started smiling. You couldn't believe that she was the same person. I still don't know her or what she's up to these days so I have no idea why she seemed so depressed when I first met her, but all that just vanished overnight. For all I know, there could be some magic involved.

That's why she brings a smile to my face now when I remember her again. She is a real life fairytale.

Ei kommentteja: