maanantai 28. toukokuuta 2007

Today I will spread my wings again

As it often seems to be the case in the life of the undersigned, when things happen, they happen swiftly, unexpectedly and in multitude. I'm flying to Finland via Copenhagen tonight, and be in Helsinki tomorrow morning.

After I made the realization that there is a chance that my days in Iceland may be growing thin, I've been going through a rather wild barrage of thoughts. What did I come here for, did I achieve that? What did I learn? What did I see? What did I not?

Perhaps most importantly, if given the chance to stay,

would I want to?

I'm not sure any longer.

I've loved being in Iceland. I wouldn't trade any of the moments I've spent in here away. And yet, now when I'm about to go to my own lands, without having any idea when I will be back in here and for how long, it doesn't feel hard to go.

And I can't quite understand why.

The one thing I do know is that my Flickr has a couple of new photos. Yesterday evening, after a mind-clearing conversation over a pint glass, I didn't want to go to sleep. Instead I took my camera and wandered around Seltjarnarnes, looking at the incomprehensibly beautiful landscape that has been my home for the past five months and trying my best not to do injustice to it with the camera.

I'm coming back here in a week though, that's for sure. I suppose the most likely "what next" scenario is that I'm returning without a job in Finland as well. That frees me to live as a vagabond in Iceland for June, and I will try to make the most of it. See many of the things I wanted to until I run out of money. I hate to have the €€€ dictate my summer so much, but I can't not to.

If I happen to get employed in Finland, then...

I will come back to move away the rest of my stuff and say a few bye-byes if it's time to go, but I wish I could've given the country a better farewell.

2 kommenttia:

Satsuma kirjoitti...

Oleks' käyny siellä Nordjobbin toimistolla? Sijaitsevat osoitteessa Óðinsgata 7, se on Skólavörðustígurin poikkikatu sen yhen kaupan kohdalla, missä myydään Iittalaa & muuta design-kamaa.

Niitten duunit on suht pienipalkkaisia, mut toisaalta niistä ei mene hirviästi verojakaan... Niillä saattais pari paikkaa olla vielä täs vaihees tarjolla!

nordjobb.net

dtw kirjoitti...

Kävin mie sielläki. Mä kuljin melkein aina tuon toimiston ohi matkalla vanhalta kämpiltä lipastolle, niin tuli tutuksi se jo hyvissä ajoin.

Ilmeisesti kämpän suhteen kävis sen verran hyvin, että sinne saattais joku muu muuttaa meikän tilalle jo kesäkuun puolella, joten sen puolesta voisi lähteä vaikka sinne maallekin, kusematta kenenkään muroihin sen pahemmin. Sieltä niitä hommia pitäis kuitenkin viimeistään löytyä.