sunnuntai 21. tammikuuta 2007

No, just a Rocky Picture Show

Today I was able to upload the first batch of Iceland photos to my Flickr. I apologise for being a bad photographer, but some of those still turned out pretty nice. Many things in here seem so photogenic that you just can't completely fail.

My route from home to Laugardalslaug pools goes via Nóatún and this block. The messages or signals that wall sends are very perplexing and completely awesome. What is that? A karate hotel? A dojo where you can stay overnight and listen to people kick each other? And then there's the sign with a heart. So can it be a karate massage parlor? Sounds like a really terrible title for a Jackie Chan movie.

There's also some photos from Seltjarnarnes, very tip of the peninsula on which Reykjavík and the surrounding towns reside, some very nice photographic opportunities there as well. Earlier today I finally decided to get rid of the default wallpaper on my laptop, so I took this photo of the lighthouse and spent a little time turning it to this. I know I missed a lot of detail on the black ground, but I wanted to emphasize the snow patterns. I think it turned out quite nice.

Most of the photos describe themselves better than I do, so stop reading and go see them! I hope you'll enjoy.

3 kommenttia:

Lisa kirjoitti...

I just recently discovered your blog, and I'm very much enjoying it! I've got you marked as a "favorite" on my computer. I recently visited Iceland, and I'm loving getting to "visit" the country again via your blog.

dtw kirjoitti...

Hello there, Lisa.

Kind of funny and strange how I've gotten a couple of comments from people I don't know at all. I created this blog because a few friends asked me to write about my experiences in here. I guess I never really thought that people might randomly end up in here. But I don't mind it at all. Vice versa, I guess I'm doing something right if those wandering people keep reading and even dare to introduce themselves!

dtw kirjoitti...

Thank you! I think I should walk around more with the camera. Shame though that the snow melted for now, I hope it'll return later!

And I know what you mean - it's cool to see how time treats everything. Maybe you only went somewhere once, and just saw only one of its faces.