lauantai 28. huhtikuuta 2007

Ég er búinn... eða er ég?

That's the second relief.

Despite that the concept of tests on Saturday seemed incomprehensible for many, the written part our Icelandic exam was this morning. Despite expecting a complete trainwreck after some truly bad preparation, I believe I managed to pass it. I know I still can't conjugate or decline very well, but it's all starting to come together better than two weeks ago.

Seven of us wandered to sit at babalú's terrace afterwards, and it was warm enough to drop the jacket. Afterwards five of us wandered towards the shore and picked up ice cream on the way, and found a spot where it wasn't absurdly windy. The relief of being done with the exam and the joy of having beautiful, springy weather caused the smiles be loose and the laughter loud. It was so good to be outside again.

I also registered myself as a job searcher yesterday, bought an absurdly big and cute giraffe mug for tea, and possibly found a new place to live in. It'll be a little more expensive than the (already expensive) price I'm paying now and it won't be furnished so I have to look up for a thing or two, but it'll probably be a lot more quiet, and it's in Seltjarnarnes. If it happens, the sea will be so very close in all directions, I get to visit the fun salt water pool more often, and won't be much further away from downtown Reykjavík as I'm now. It'll be an investment, but I think it could be worth it.

I don't really know what the future holds for me. I haven't got a job yet, but there's not much more to worry about studies, so I can devote myself for finding one. The friends I've made are mostly leaving the country in May. One thing is sure though - it'll be a different kind of summer. I'll try to make the most of it.

2 kommenttia:

Satsuma kirjoitti...

Toivottavasti potkit kaikkia pyllylle kokeissa ja uus kämppä on IHQ.

Hyvää vappua (täällä on KYLYMÄ... mut ei sada, jee!)!

dtw kirjoitti...

Jos läpi meni niin kaik o hyvin. :)

Ja hyvää vappua sinnekin. Täällä on just nyt ihan oiva keli hengailla ulkona.

Olkaahan kiltisti!