keskiviikko 27. joulukuuta 2006

Nothing about much, much about nothing

Note to self: do not pretend to be an accountant in the future. Does not suit you, sir.

Besides that, leaving Vaasa turned out to be pretty easy. A few handshakes, a little fewer hugs, some promises to be well and see again sometime, some respective "happy travels" to people going somewhere too. About 30 seconds after the last bye-byes I walked into a mall, where the loudspeakers were blasting Verve's Bittersweet Symphony. Nice timing, Verve. I smiled and felt very warm for the rest of the day. No ideas why, I don't normally even like that song all that much. It just fit the moment.

My Christmas formalities were spent at mom's. Just having some of the traditional foods, which I haven't really liked in years, and lying on the couch. Nice, and helped me forget the accounting hell. She finally seemed to get over the thought of me being away for half a year, if not longer. She spoke quite similarly a couple of years away when I moved away from home, so I suppose it shouldn't be too hard anymore. She's always been of the overprotective, overworrying kind, but I think she'll cope. It not like it should be a surprise to any parents that one day the children are bound to fly away from the nest.

Right now I'm located in Helsinki at dad's. Time to fill out the last forms and do evaluations about things I've surely forgotten. It shouldn't be much, but I don't really trust my ability to move. If I hadn't forgotten something, I wouldn't be me. I've got a worrying overload of stuff going with me, but luckily dad's gonna visit at some point. That, or more specifically his luggage quota, gives me an opportunity to swap my accessories from wintery to summery, so I don't need to take all the things eventually back myself. Still I don't like looking at that pile o' stuff. There's quite a lot of it, but taking anything away would seem like too big a sacrifice.

Although, having some idea about what everything costs in Iceland, I think I'll just try to negotiate my way through the luggage overload and pay if I have to.

But now it's about time to have a little whiskey, try to sleep a little, wake up early in the morning and drift along, whatever that may mean.

Goodbye Finland. I'll miss you, but now I have to prove I could live without.

Ei kommentteja: